Special Education

Carlisle Local School District Special Education Department

Carlisle Schools is committed to the success of each child. The Special Education Department is dedicated to ensuring that each child leaves school each day feeling successful. We do this by providing individualized supports, a continuum of service delivery options, facilitating academic and social development, and maintaining dignity and respect for each student.

The district employs caring and qualified intervention specialists, school psychologists, therapists, and educational aides to support the needs of and promote progress for students with disabilities. We value a partnership between home and school and believe that a collaborative effort between parents, regular educators, and special education staff will enhance the independence and success of each student.

If you have questions about services for students with disabilities please contact Kim Perkins, at 937-746-7610  ext. 602.


special education logo art


A new special education procedural safeguards notice, A Guide to Parent Rights in Special Education, is now available for district and parent use. This publication replaces the earlier procedural safeguards notice, Whose IDEA Is This? As of August 1, 2017, districts must no longer use that publication.


Kim Perkins,   Director of Special Education

310 Jamaica Road (Alden Brown Elementary)
Carlisle, OH  45005
937-746-7610 ext. 602

Sabina Pence, Special Education Secretary
310 Jamaica Road (Alden Brown Elementary)
Carlisle, OH  45005
937-746-7610 ext. 122

Ms. Perkins supports special education programming across the district, including our preschool program.  Her role is to ensure that students are provided with quality programming to help them learn and grow academically, socially, and emotionally.  She is an advocate for students, a resource to staff, and a partner with parents.

Mrs. Pence is available to answer your questions or connect you with the right person to address any questions or concerns. 

Your child’s intervention specialist and/or therapist are always working to help your child make progress and are available to answer any questions you have about your child.  Contact them at your child’s school building.


ProgressBooks logo One Call Now logo EZpay logo