In partnership with the family and community, the Carlisle Local School District mission is to focus on the needs of students in everything we do, while providing quality educational experiences in a positive, innovative and safe learning environment.
Partnership with the family and community:
1. Increase attendance and participation at school functions.
2. Enhance communication with parents and other community
members through the use of technology and other means.
Focus on the needs of students in everything we do:
3. Increase the involvement of students supporting students through
mentoring, new student welcoming activities, etc.
Provide quality educational experiences:
4. Increase student achievement:
· Attain an excellent rating on our state report card.
· Make Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
i. Increase passage rate for students with disabilities to meet safe harbor.
ii. Economically disadvantaged students will meet AYP requirements.
· Increase the emphasis on writing.
· Increase the emphasis on economics education.
Positive, innovative and safe learning environment:
5. Increase control of access to the buildings.
6. We will improve our school climate:
· Decrease incidents of physical altercations and bullying.
· Encourage and recognize positive behavior.
· Increase extracurricular involvement.
The Carlisle Local School District Board of Education meetings are held the fourth Monday of every month in the Carlisle High School Choir-Lecture Room, 250 Jamaica Road, Carlisle, Ohio beginning at 6:00 p.m.
The public is encouraged to attend these important meetings. Occasionally, the Board will hold a special meeting when district matters need immediate attention.
Meetings of the Board are open to the public, except for executive sessions during which Board members may meet for one or more of the following purposes as defined by Ohio law: personnel matters, sale or purchase of property, legal matters, negotiations, matters to be kept confidential by federal law or state statutes, or security arrangements
Duties of the School Board:
- Make rules and regulations necessary for the government of the district.
- Provide educational opportunities for all students of the district.
- Appoint a school superintendent and treasurer.
- Oversee the annual budget.
- Enter into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws.